LIFEWAY FOODS - KEFIR KOMMUNITY

Lifeway Foods was founded in 1986 by Michael Smolyansky. Julie Smolyansky is currently the Company's President and Chief Executive Officer. Lifeway develops specialty functional dairy foods for health-conscious consumers, producing a series of distinctive probiotic products based on unique ingredients and proprietary formulations. The Company's main product is Kefir, a milk-based cultured drink which is more nutritional than yogurt.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Lifeway Kefir - Read it and eat it
Dr. Perricone just came out with his new book "Perricone Weight Loss Diet".In the book he talks about different "superfoods", which includes Lifeway Kefir.If you follow Dr. Perricone's diet and incorporate Lifeway Kefir into your diet, are you seeing results?

23 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I believe in the Perricone Diet and most definately belive in the benefits of Lifeway Kefir especially where weight loss is concerned. Kefir has definately helped me. It is high in both calcium and protein, which research shows helps weight loss and also keeps you feeling fuller longer.

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    After reading "THE MAKERS DIET" I tried kifer /lowfat plain tastes great like a smoothie! However,I've tried twice since that time and the product has been very very sharp in taste and lots of lumps! unlike the first bottle. Help because I definately want Lifeway kifer to be part of my daily diet.

     
  • At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've started drinking Lifeway's kefir regularly a few weeks ago and found that the original "full fat" version tastes innumerable times better than the lowfat version you guys have been drinking. Yes, it is very sharp and has lumps. However, I find that the lumps have the most flavor and that the sharpness is what gives the product its unique flavor. The sharpness and "flavor lumps" are the reasons why I consume this product over the lowfat version or yogurt. To me, a lover of extra sharp cheddar cheese, this gives the kefir a remarkable distinctive taste that is unmatched by any other food. Even that of extra sharp cheddar cheese or the finest Merlot. Consuming original "full fat" kefir is a pleasure to me and I am now enjoying it more as a pastime than as meal. Though, I do have it with every meal or as a meal in itself!

    P.S. As far as the Perricone diet is concerned; I have not read the book, but I have been in great shape my whole life. Cheddar cheese has been a staple of my diet for years, being a vegetarian and all. It replaced the meat in my diet and I have been in great shape the whole time. Other than fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, and fresh whole grain local bakery bread, low fat foods have no place on my table. The idea that full fat dairy is a cause of being overweight seems to be a myth. I eat all the cheese I want (but, more recently Lifeway's original "full fat" kefir) and I can't seem to put on any weight. It may be because I am more active than the average person, but the amount of fat in my meals does not make me overweight. I enjoy the pleasure of eating extra sharp cheddar cheese and Lifeway's original kefir without guilt. The moral of my blog seems to be: Eat, drink, and be merry! Oh yeah, get off your butt and move around a little too. Your body will thank you and you will thank yourself when you stay in good shape or lose a little weight!
    Good luck, Eric!

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Guys, you have to do as the bottle says shake well if theres lumps. Thats what happens to cultured dairy products like kefir. spoonable yogurt is one big lump you know. As it says on the bottle, shake well, and youll be fine.

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Perricone also stated to not buy products that contain guar gum,which is in the orgainc Kefir,but ironically not in the non organic product.The non organic uses inulin instead which is much healthier.Perhaps lifeway will consider making it a part of their organic instead of the guar gum

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love lifeway's Kefir. I have only had one bottle that needed shaking more than once. It had a strong buttermilk flavor. But I like butter milk so it was fine for me. The flavored types are good also. I hope I can always buy this product.

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I find the kefir 2 month ago.While I was looking for (lait Caillee= french word for kefir).I am west african and we drink that kefir all day long whith fruit and orange water flowers.

    The canadien said in america look for kefir.It did flaten my tommy really fast,and I love it.I praise the lord,I finely found the diamond food in wisconsin,right at my local store.

    I have one question.Why don`t you sell the small bottle for lunch school.My kid loved the flavored one,but they refused to take the big bottle whith them.

    Any way I bring a bottle every where I go to the people I visit to inform them about this great lifeway food.
    Please keep the good work.

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I also believe in the Perricone Diet and Kefir has been part of my diet for a long time. It's delicious and filling.

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kifer should be accessable in every grocery store in the nation- it is far better than one cup of coffee and stays by you as well as helps one diet better. Would highly recommend more advertising should be done, word of mouth isn't the only way to advertise!!
    I am hooked on it and have been looking for it since 1987 when I had some in Russia.

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am American but my husband and I live in Russia. I drink kefir here all the time. I was very pleased to find the Lifeway kefir when we returned to the States to have our first child. I drank kefir almost every night of my pregnancy. My husband jokes that our son is 90% made of kefir. What can I say? I love the stuff.

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My father was in Turkey and drank kefir every day. I introduced the Lifeway kefir to him. It was good. I am used to drinking kefir from Russia. The Turkish kefir he had was very thick. The Lifeway kefir is so good. I love the plain,strawberry and raspberry. The plain is the best because I love the tangy flavor.

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm drinking Lifeway Plain Kefir twice a day on Weight Watchers, not Perricone. It's awesome and I have lost 5 lbs. in three weeks.

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i found Kefir at Costco i love it now lately it has not been in stock. are you selling it to them? i love the big bottles and the little ones. i am craving it please help. mn.

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I use kefir with fresh fruit in the blender. I perfer the low-fat plain, this way I can add stevia to sweeten. No calories or after taste with stevia.
    Lifeway Kefir bottle makes claim kefir controls high cholesterol levels. How can this be possible when a cup of kefir has 10mg of cholesterol....this is very high cholesterol.
    Can anyone comment on this?

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you can't get Lifeway Kefir at your grocery store...ask them to get it. Publix grocery store in Melbourne Beach Florida now has it.

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would like to know where to buy Kefir in Florence, South Carolina. My sister lives there and I have been telling her about Kefir. She has IBS and I believe Kefir would help her feel better.

     
  • At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Any hope of Kefir coming out with a sugar free version? I am not diabetic but can think of other reasons to consume sugar free kefir. Thanks!

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    I LOVE kefir -- especially the pomegranate, but unfortunately the amount of sugar in the product is mind boggling. 21 grams of sugar in 1 cup is a lot of sugar -- and let's face it folks, cane sugar is sugar. I have to forego the flavored varieties and stick with the plain. As far as lumps and sharp taste, remember folks, kefir is ever growing and evolving -- it's alive. Look for the date on the bottle and drink it up as fast as you can. I bet it's good for your drains too!

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Kefir milk. I can feel a HUGE difference. I drank a large bottle a day for about a week, as a friend recommended. My energy level went up, I feel lighter, and my problem skin cleared up signifigantly- looking much healthier! I will ude this product daily!

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Another good way to have kefir is to add 2 tsp of crushed flax seeds, and some berries, then add 1-2 tbs of granola. It is sooooo good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home